As the operators of the website (“Website”), GFS BROKERSERVICES (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy (“Policy”) (together with and any other documents referred to therein) sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to Us, will be processed by Us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information we collect from you
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you in the course of your use of the website or providing our services:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website or filing in forms as part of the registration process. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service, or requesting further information or services. We may also ask you for information when you enquire about services.
• Specifically, personal details such as email address, own company or company you are employed in and the country of domicile of this company, name, fixed landline(s), position or function, Mobile phone.
• If you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Lawful basis for processing
Our legitimate interests in this data are to fulfil our contractual obligations to you and to fulfil our legal obligations.
Purposes of processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To provide you with our services.
• To ensure that content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for the device(s) you use to access and view the Website;
• To provide you with information and offers that you request from Us or which We feel may interest you.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our services.
In addition to the above uses We may use your information to notify you about goods or services which may be of interest to you. Where We do this, We will contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) only if you have consented to such communication. If you do not want Us to use your data in this way please unsubscribe from our electronic communications using the method indicated in the relevant communication; or inform Us at any time by contacting Us at the contact details set out below.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We routinely disclose your personal data to third parties as follows:
• We may pass your information to our third party service providers, organizations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services on our behalf (e.g. to host our cloud).
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
• in the event that We sell any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of assets; or
• if We or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Us can be one of the transferred assets; or
• if We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or
• to protect Our rights, property, or safety or that of our affiliated entities and our users and any third party We interact with; or
Other than as set out above, and save insofar as is necessary in order for Us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us. We will not share your data with third parties unless We have procured your express consent to do so.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data are kept secure, including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where We are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Keeping your personal data up to date
If your personal details change you may update them by contacting Us. If you have any questions about how We use data collected which relates to you, please contact Us also.
We will endeavour to update your personal data within seven (7) working days of any new or updated personal data being provided to Us, in order to ensure that the personal data We hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible.
How long do we keep your personal data
• We will hold your personal data like explained before in line with our regulatory and legal obligations and indefinitely for our promotional Marketing to you or opt-out business.
Where we store your personal data
All of the information that We hold about you is stored on our secure servers within the EEA.
If you would like further information please contact US (see ‘Contact’ below).
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
• access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Policy is already designed to address
• require Us to correct any mistakes in your information which We hold
• require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
• receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
• object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
• object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
• object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data
• otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
• email, call or write to US at GFS Brokerservices Cvba
• let Us have enough information to identify you (name, company, e-mail, telephone number)
• let Us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
• let Us know the information to which your request relates.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that We can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
published on: 29.05.2018
back to overview